Saturday, August 11, 2007

More of Story

After hugging and crying togethter, Avril and I feel asleep, tear streaked cheek to tear streaked cheek. Sun soaked through our bedroom window, waking me up to look at the clock. Six AM. Avril and I must have slept at least 5 hours. I yawned and shut my eyes again, rolling over more to Avril's side of the bed. Suddenly, my mind allowed my thoughts to drift back to yesterday. To the park, to Jay and that girl. I yawned again and opened my eyes, hoping that opening them would make me forget about that day. Avril was fast asleep in front of me, snoring and drooling onto her pillow. I smiled and laughed as I turned onto my back and rubbed my eyes. I lay there for a couple of minutes before getting up and closing the blinds. I got back into bed beside Avril and stared at her calm, sleeping face.
"Wake up," I whispered. I waited a couple of seconds, to see if she'd wake up. When she didn't, I got up again and went into the kitchen. I opened each cupboard, trying to find something that suited my mood. Nothing seemed good enough, so I shuffled off to the couch and sat down. I had only got one yawn in before the hotel phone ran.
"Hello?" I answered, my voice sounding tired and scratchy. I cleared my throat as a perky woman said, "Good morning Miss! There is someone on line two for a Miss Coal."
Avril Coal, not Angela Coal. I was Angela White.
"Oh, well, she's asleep right now. Who is it?" I asked, curious as to who would call Avril at six in the morning.
"Mr. Carson Jack is calling, Miss." The perky hotel lady said, sounding too excited for a call so early in the morning; a call that wasn't even for her.
"Oh, um, well I can take the call then," I said, thinking it'd be fine with Avril if I just talked to him and got a message for her.
"Alright Miss! I'll put him through for you," The perky lady said, "Goodbye Miss, and have a nice day!"
"Yeah, you too..." I said yawning as she hung up and Carson's voice sounded in my ear. "Hello?"
"Hey, Carson. Sorry, Avril's asleep. I guess I could wake her up if you want me to?" I asked.
"Oh, hey Angela. No it's okay, let her sleep. Jesus though, that lady was awfully... excited for so early, eh?" Carson said, with a little chuckle.
I laughed, "Yeah, sounds like Avril after too much coffee."
"Really? She never drinks coffee when she's with me," Carson chuckled.
"Well consider yourself lucky. I've seen her after lots of coffee, at least ten times and it ain't pretty," I smiled.
"Hmm, ah well then, we've got time," Carson said. Suddenly I remembered how Avril said we should get out of London. I thought of telling Carson, but it'd probably be better for her to tell him.
"So, do you want me to take a message for Avril?" I asked, curious as to why he would call so early in the morning.
"Erm, guess not. Just tell her I called, I guess," He said in a low whisper.
"Oh, alright," I said, a little disappointed to not figure out why he was calling.
There was an awkward silence between us before Carson spoke again. "Well, I best be going. Sorry if I woke you."
"Alright, talk to you later"
We said our good-byes and hung up. I sat there for a couple of minutes before I heard Avril stretch and fall out of bed. I laughed as I heard her mumble something and shuffle into the living room/kitchen, where I was seated on the couch.
"Hey sleepy head. You missed Carson, he just called." I smiled at the half asleep person in front of me.
Avril looked dazed as she moved herself into the kitchen and got a bowl of cereal.
"What time is it?" She yawned.
I watched Avril poor some cereal and milk into a bowl, amused at how her hair stook up all over the place.
"Almost seven-ish I think," I said, still smiling as I made my way into the kichten.
"Fucking hell, he called that early? What the hell for?" Avril asked as she rubbed her eyes and sat down at the kitchen counter. She started to stuff her mouth with Coco Puffs as I took a seat beside her.
"No idea," I said, stealing a Coco Puff from her bowl. She gave me a dirty look.
I smiled. "He just said to tell you he called." I stole two more Coco Puffs and popped them into my mouth.
"My food," Avril said, a mouth full of cereal. She started to push her bowl away from me as I stole a couple more Coco Puffs and smiled. "No," I popped the little corn balls into my mouth, "my food."
"Bitch." Avril swallowed a mouth full.
I gasped, "offended!"
"Please, save the drama for someone who's less sleepy," Avril said, pushing more food into her mouth.
I smiled evilly as I took more cereal from her and began to tickle Avril's hip - one of her many tickle spots.
"Hell no," Avril laughed a little, to her dismay. "Anegla!" She yelled as she jumped out of her chair, running away with me behind her.
"Angela! It's too early for this!" Avril laughed as I pinned her down on the floor, tickling her feet, hips, stomach, legs, arms, ands under arms.
"Stop!" She yelled and laughed, turning things around and tickling me.
"Ahhhh! Not fair!" I screamed and laughed as I ran away from her.
Avril laughed and tackled me to the ground.
"Nooo!!" I yelled as she tickled me, hitting my ticklish spots perfectly so I was laughing so hard I could hardly breathe.
Over the laughing and screaming for mercy, we heard someone knocking at the front door. Avril and I turned our heads to look at the door, like looking at it would show us who it is.
"Who is it?" Avril yelled in a sing-song voice. I squirmed around, trying to get out from under Avril.
"Your dream man!" The person behind the door yelled.
Avril giggled as she tickle me again. "Stop trying to get free, it ain't happening," She whispered to me.
"And who may my dream man be?" She yelled back to the door, giggling.
"Carson Jack! And he has brought another fair knight along with him. Maybe Princess Angela would like a go at him?" Carson and some other guy laughed behind the door.
This got my attenion. "And what may this... fair knight's name be?" I yelled at the door.
Avril giggled, still sitting on top of me.
"The fellow knight is Victor, my fair maiden," Carson snickered, knocking on the door again,
"Come on, Avril! Angela! Let us in!"
"Impatient! Jeez, door open boys." Avril said and began to tickle me again.
Avril and I were lying on the floor, her on top of me, laughing and screaming, when Carson and his friend Victor came in through the door.
Carson burst out laughing, while Victor just stood there smiling.
"Well, well, look what we have here!" Carson smiled as he bent down beside me. "Two hot girls tickling each other. Ain't that a little... sexual?" He asked Victor, winking at me.
Avril rolled off of me giggling, heading over to Carson to kiss him. I got up off the ground only to meet eyes with Victor. I smiled at him as I took in his flippy brown hair and green eyes. He was fit, well shaved, and had a good wardrobe by the looks of it.
He smiled back. "Hey, having fun?"
I laughed a little. "Ha, yeah, loads."
We smiled at each other quietly for a little while, Carson and Avril smiling at us, amused.
Suddenly it ocurred to Avril and I at the same time that neither one of us had brushed our hair or teeth, showered, or even changed out of our pajamas.
We looked at each other, reading eachother's mind, and shirked as we ran around getting for the day with Carson and Victor laughing at us, amused.

No comments: